19 November 2008

if you tell me a saying about idle hands, I will SCREAM

by Cecily
Are you bored? Do you need something to look at on the internet? Well I am here to help, as always. Look at this crazy video! It's some Australian musician simcomming in English and ASL for most of the song. So there's probably something to say about that, you know, politically and linguistically and whatnot. You guys all feel free to do so.

I, however, mainly care about watching 1:15 - 2:25 over and over and over. This is where the best thing ever to happen, happens. I won't spoil the surprise except to say that my favorite is the squirrel. And the snakes. And the trees and the dog and everything else about this section who wants to make a movie with me!?!?



Sia | Soon We'll Be Found from Concord Music Group on Vimeo.


via The Gimp Parade where there is also smart political discussion and a full description and the lyrics


(if it seems like I never do anything but put links to other people's entertaining videos on here these days, well, you are very perceptive and smart, aren't you? The secret is that my advisor reads this blog and I owe her 5,000 pages of writing and I don't want it to look like I am fooling around too much. HI KRISTIN!)

3 comments:

  1. No one has comment yet? I think that's friggin awesome, and am wondering 1) how Cecily finds such things and 2) why an Australian was using signs from ASL. And now that I've had a refresher on Bob's notation system, maybe I can feed this video into ELAN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer to (1) is that it was mentioned on a blog (Gimp Parade) that I have on my feed reader so I automatically read everything they write over there.

    I don't know the answer to (2), but this Australian lady is pretty awesome and crazy. Alyssa was showing me some other video last night (I think called Buttons? maybe?) where the entire video is just the singer doing/having done weird things to her face. Like scotch tape and clothespins and it seems like saran wrap and a hair net?

    Anyway let me know if you do any captioning/transcription in ELAN please! I'm interested to find out what the words are like, timing-wise with the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! I actually had one of my students show this video to me the other day. That girl with the yellow hands at the beginning looks familiar....also, I can totally rock the squirrel in the shadow part, so I'm all in for the movie with you :)

    ReplyDelete