22 November 2006

Halloween

by Cecily
Halloween was a very long time ago, I know. So much the better. Now you aren't all exhausted and bored of looking at peoples' costumes all day.

The devil costume was hard to capture in one frame. It mostly consisted of horns and a tail and pointy eyebrows.



And some blue suede shoes.



Then there was apple bobbing. Kitty bravely went first.



and the Devil even took his horns off to compete; he narrowly beat out Kitty's score of some number of seconds, only to be immediately trounced by Alyssa and her whole-body immersion technique.



Then we all went back to drinking beer (everyone) and changing costumes a lot of times (me).

Here is me being a cowgirl and Laura being a bound morpheme. You can tell I'm a cowgirl because I am wearing not only cowboy boots and a super-authentic cowboy hat, but also because I am wearing the traditional cowgirl outfit of black lace tights, a black miniskirt, and a black tank top.



You can tell Laura is a Bound Morpheme because she has sparkly chains all around her and her shirt says -ish. This is a hilarious joke to me and my hilarious linguistics-student-friends, and we don't care if nobody else thinks we are funny.

Here are my two best jobs of costume-making: Flamingo and Venus Flytrap.



These are good costumes, but the best part of the picture by far is Lindsay's face. AAAAH! It's a scary plant with teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment