20 November 2006

I'm back!

by Cecily
I hope.

So, I had a big Halloween party for Halloween, but I didn't take any pictures of it. Some other people did so hopefully I will have lots of visual aids soon. I made some excellent costumes for other people and I changed my own costume every hour on the hour.

Here's what the costumes I made for other people were:
1. Flamingo
2. Venus Flytrap
3. Devil in Blue Suede Shoes
4. Mariachi guy
5. Bound Morpheme

Here's what my costumes were:
1. Big Giant Head
2. Witch
3. Princess
4. Cowgirl

Also at that party we had Bobbing For Apples which was Alyssa's idea. And she won, by diving headfirst into the bucket up to her shoulders. If you ever need lessons in how to win at apple bobbing, Alyssa is your man.

Then I went to New Mexico and was all grown-up and conferency. And played with my friends and a kitten. And ate a lot of foods with green chiles in them which are delicious.

Now I'm back in good old Washington DC, where my cat is friendly and adorable and my bedroom is a disaster zone and my homework is not done.

I have 2 weeks before leaving for Brazil. I got a new passport which I needed because my old one was going to expire next May and Brazil is cranky and requires 6 months of validity AFTER your trip ends. Plus a lot of other things, like proof of hotel reservations and a reason to be in the country and your mother's maiden name and your shoe size in both European and American measurements.

And a visa. Which I don't have yet. What? Last-minute? Poor planning? Nonsense! I still have TWO WEEKS, which is enough time for anyone to accomplish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment