21 August 2006

Say Goodnight, Gracie

by Cecily
New York was fun.

If you are ever trying to meet up with an old friend of yours in Brooklyn and you happen to be on the corner of Meserole and another street, you should be sure to find out if you are on Meserole Avenue or Meserole Street and make sure everyone else knows too. That's my advice to you.

Otherwise you are likely to have a weird and creepy conversation in which both parties claim to be standing outside on the southwest corner of Meserole and Lorimer (for example) and yet clearly, you are not both standing on that corner, unless one of you has somehow leapt into another dimension or an alternate reality from which you can still text message each other even while being invisible.

It turns out that Brooklyn stupidly has two different streets named Meserole, and they run parallel with each other and intersect all the same streets, but are a mile and a half apart. Stupid.

After a weekend of looking at art and eating food and talking to people I like, Kate and I finally got back to Washington at 11:00 last night. Kate had to leave for Reagan at 4:00 this morning, so I didn't get much done today, because of being asleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be jam packed with productivity and usefulness on my part. For now, I'm going to bed. I've been awake almost 10 hours! Far too long for someone as delicate and flower-like as I am.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment